ADE Style Guide
In this interface you will find an overview of all instructions, suggestions and specifications for your communication package.
We want to support your creativity in promoting your ADE 2023 events, so instead of forcing strict templates, we want to be more flexible in our collaborations.
Find some examples below on how to include ADE in your artwork, banners, posters, etc - as well as some examples on what not to do. We’re curious to see your own inventiveness so don’t hesitate to deviate from our suggestions.
If you're unsure about your intended use of the ADE brand assets, feel free to reach out to us.
The ADE brand is protected by de Merkplaats.
Handles and hashtags
Facebook: Amsterdam Dance Event
Communication on owned channels
All communication should be created per the guidelines in the ADE Brand Pack. We ask you to use these assets for all designs and other content. The ADE communication team is responsible for the final editing + content planning and retain the right to customize and/or reschedule content before and after publishing.
ADE reserves the right to reject artworks that incorporate wrongful use of the trademarks, as well as designs without any recognizable ADE presence.
The ADE Logo
Some general guidelines:
- Make sure the ADE trademarks (logo, colors or otherwise) are somehow present and sufficiently visible in your artwork.
- Use the ADE trademarks in a way that suggests any type of special endorsement (e.g. "ADE presents:...").
- Use the campaign / visual ID of years previous to ADE 2023.
- Create trademarks or visuals that copy ADE’s visual identity.
- Use our trademarks in a way that reflects negatively on ADE.
- Do not stretch or alter any shape.
- Do not change the font, font size, spacing and/or kerning.
We use Helvetica Neue Medium for all visual communications. The font family is included in the ADE Brand Pack.
The ADE label - Online
As in previous years, the logo can also be placed on your artwork as a label if you prefer.
The label can be placed on the entire (marked) upper edge, excluding the top corners.
The ADE label - Print
We’re not using the frame template this year, instead opting for the familiar ADE label. Again, the label can be placed on the entire marked top edge, excluding the corners. Note: for print works the ADE label should remain yellow.
The ADE Colors
Artworks and designs can also make use of the trademark ADE colors: black and yellow, sometimes accompanied by white and a range of grey tones.
Fundamental colors for ADE are of course black and yellow. White and grey shades have their function as well. Here are the correct color values.
Creative Logo Use
Sometimes our fitted label and your visual style don't completely line up. We are open to adapting ADE's logo colour in order to make it match your artwork. Of course, please send us your artworks for approval prior to production/release.
- It is not allowed to manipulate the ADE assets graphically for uses not described on this page.
- Ensure all stakeholders are informed and in possession of the assets! You are (partly) responsible for this.
- Send us your artwork in the template for approval.
- We reserve the right to reject the artwork if it does not meet our requirements.
- The ADE brand may only be used under the terms of our agreement and exclusively for ADE 2023.
ADE reserves the right to reject artworks that incorporate wrongful use of the trademarks, as well as designs without any recognisable ADE presence.