Explore Amsterdam's dynamic city center
The heart of Amsterdam is the home base for ADE's conference program, while it also has a huge contribution to the Day and Night program.
This year's ADE features almost 200 venues - all spread across Amsterdam - to host different festival and conference events throughout the week. Read everything about it as we take you on a City Tour to the Eastern, Western, Northern, Southern parts of Amsterdam. Now we will have a look at the City Center.
- DeLaMar Theater: A theatre right in the heart of Amsterdam. The venue is the home base of ADE's conference program. Daytime activities as ADE Pro, Dance & Brands, ADE Tech and ADE Green will be held in DeLaMar Theater. We have made multiple shortlists of ADE conference highlights of the Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- De Brakke Grond: A Flemish cultural center at Nes 43 in Amsterdam. BeamLab and Sound Lab will be held in here. ADE BeamLab kicks off with a demo-talk by EboSuite's Jeroen Hofs and Rob Duyser. We'll also see a talk and Q&A of the Q-dance team. ADE BeamLab will host a live performance of Van Abbe's Weltmaschine in its program. ADE Sound Lab will be filled with some of the latest music technological advances and the leading innovative brands when it comes to performance or production needs. ADE Sound Lab is hosting a new series called “The Record Bag of…”. These are intimate sessions where artists bring a selection of their favourite records and explain why they love them.
- Mary Go Wild: It started with a book in 2013, but in the meantime, Mary Go Wild has grown into a publishing house, a label and a dance shop. Amsterdam Night Owl Shamiro Van Der Geld and DJ Pierre will be discussing the importance of knowing the roots of nightlife and club culture on ADE Wednesday. On Thursday VPRO will present a three-fold documentary on the history of 30 Years of Dutch Dance. Mary Go Wild also hosts the basement raves in San Francisco. The artists will be announced an hour before set time, but last year names such as Dubfire, Tripeo and Mirella Kroes made an appearance.
- KONINGS & KEUNE: A brand agency that specializes in concept development, creative development and the production of events and videos. A Close Encounter with' Chuckie will be held on ADE Wednesday. This an invite-only event for creatives and producers from the advertising, film and television world. Here you can take a look at his life and the creative process behind his work. Free entrance for ADE Card holders. Limited capacity (first come, first serve)
- The Conscious Club: The first climate neutral canal house in Amsterdam. This former chocolate factory is built with a high tech sustainable climate system and only used natural products to build a sacred space. A networking session will be held on Wednesdag featuring major players from Colombia's dance industry. On Friday you can discover the healing medicine of sound where they combine electronic beats, sound frequencies and ancient instruments. During this Sound Experience you can lay down and recharge yourself for a full night of dancing.
- Melkweg: A pop venue and cultural center with live music, club nights, art and film events. It is located in a former sugar refinery and milk factory in Amsterdam. Nineteen events will be held in the Melkweg during ADE. From the Korean rock of Idiotape to Netsky's Drum and Bass the venue offers a diverse program with a lot of international artists alongside Nicky Romero, Markus Schulz and Chocolate Puma. Dave Clarke will be hosting a 19 hours long event. On Friday night he will start with techno alongside Rebekah, Octave One, Sam Paganini and more, while on Saturday morning Alienata, Umwelt and many more artists will join him for an electro set.
- La Favela: Open since August, this is Amsterdam's newest nightclub and restaurant. For it's ADE-debut the venue will host four events alongside Dubvision, Firebeatz, Bob Sinclar and many more.
- 50:HERTZ will take over 20-22, Heineken Hoek, Hush and Bar Lunar during ADE. All of these locations will be transformed in an 50:HERTZ venue where they will hosts over thirty showcases. International artists such as Drumcomplex, Roel Salemink, Steve Mulder, Full On Funk and many more will all make an appearance.
Single tickets for festival events can be found here. All events are accessible with the ADE Pass, which can be found here. Take a look here for the entire festival program.
Photo credits: Mark Richter